As a flagship event of National Book Week, the South African Book Fair highlights the power of books to empower and the importance of the local book publishing industry to positive growth and transformation in South Africa. In this 25th year of our democracy, the SABF is honoured to be able to offer a platform to showcase your work to the country.
Be part of the “reading revolution” that the President, Cyril Ramaphosa, has personally called for:
“… I therefore call on our nation to start a reading revolution: a revolution that will unleash untapped potential in our nation. Reading is not just for the young people, it is for everyone. It will help us as a nation to continue with the conversations we have always had, it will promote intergenerational exchanges that are key to preserving our identity as a nation …”
President of South Africa, Cyril Ramaphosa. Message of support to the National Reading Coalition launch 15 February 2019, Gauteng.
This reading revolution includes National Book Week, one of the supported campaigns.
The programme of the South African Book Fair focuses on telling #OURSTORIES. A mix of activities, exhibitions, performances, panel discussions and sessions come together to distinctively showcase the power of books and reading to nurture positive growth and transformation in South Africa.
We will bring our stories to life through:
- a literary programme carefully curated to facilitate lively discussion on topical issues, through the lens of recently published books and their authors, as well as prominent thought leaders, balanced with some exciting new additions including food-themed events;
- an exhibition space showcasing all aspects of the book industry, including publishers, booksellers, and more;
- a comprehensive Enterprise Development Programme entailing workshops and experiences that impart skills, knowledge, enterprise development and, always, a love of reading and books;
- a dedicated Children’s Programme spread across all three days, including a special schools focus on Friday where over a thousand learners will enjoy a full programme of activities, such as readings, theatre performances and more;
- a poetry and storytelling evening featuring doyennes of the arts, alongside vibrant new voices;
- and, something we’re really thrilled about, the introduction of a new, signature SABF Debut of the Year Prize – the details of which will be shared at a later stage
APPLY TO EXHIBIT
If you wish to exhibit at the South African Book Fair, simply fill out a form by clicking on the button below.