- Head over to the South African Book Fair website at https://www.southafricanbookfair.co.za/.
- Click on the BUY TICKETS tab in the top right-hand corner.
- This will take you to a Quicket ticket sales landing page where you can purchase your tickets.
- Click on TICKETS
- Add the number of tickets you would like to purchase and then CHECKOUT
- Add your payment information and your details to COMPLETE ORDER
How to Access Events
- Your R50 ticket gives you access to ALL EVENTS and activities from 11-13 September
- Once you have purchased your ticket you will receive a confirmation email from Quicket with your UNIQUE STREAM ACCESS CODE and a LINK to gain access to the South African Book Fair virtual event platform
- Click on the ACCESS STREAM FOR THIS TICKET link provided to access events
- This link can be used to access The South African Book Fair multiple times during the Fair.
- You’re all set to be part of our virtual Fair!
- Once a session is finished, venture back into the South African Book Fair website to browse through the exhibitors or our online market place to purchase books
How to Buy Books
- Buying books by the authors in our panels is easy via the South African Book Fair Market Place. Simply click on the MARKET PLACE on the South African Book Fair website
- Search for and choose the book you would like to purchase, click on DETAILS and then click BUY NOW. You will be taken to either the publisher or booksellers page to complete your transaction.
- You can also engage directly with the publisher or bookseller in our EXHIBITION area on the site.
How do I connect with the South African Book Fair Industry Exhibitors
- We encourage you to engage with and support our showcasing of independent and small businesses via the EXHIBITORS page on the South African Book Fair website
- Click on the EXHIBITORS menu option on the website
- Browse the various Booksellers, Publishers and Industry Organisations participating in the South African Book Fair Virtual Event.
How to Engage with Us
- We encourage everyone attending the Fair to engage with the South African Book Fair participating authors in the chat window during each of our virtual events
- Remember to follow and engage on our Social Media platforms listed below using the hashtag #OURSTORIES and #SABF2020, please also feel free to tag the authors you love!
- Connect with the South African book industry via our Industry EXHIBITION area on the South African Book Fair Website.
How to Add Events to My Calendar
- Click on the Programme tab on the South African Book Fair website
- Click on FULL PROGRAMME
- Choose the event you would like to attend
- Click MORE INFO
- Add to Google Calendar or Export to iCal
- Set a reminder at least an hour in advance so you are prepped and in place for the event.
Where can I find all of the authors on the South African Book Fair
- Go to the South African Book Fair website www.southafricanbookfair.co.za
- Click on the AUTHOR tab
- Then click on AUTHORS from the dropdown menu
- Browse all 80+ authors participating in the Virtual South African Book Fair 2020
How do I access the Children’s Programme
- The Magic Tent Children’s Programme is accessible from Friday morning at 10h00 and is available at any time throughout the three day South African Book Fair weekend.
- To view all of The Magic Tent sessions click on the PROGRAMME tab on the South African Book Fair website
- Then click on the PROGRAMME for Friday 11 September
- Then either download the PDF of the full programme
- If you have purchased your ticket then simply click on the session you would like to access
How to I access The South African Book Fair Programme
- The full South African Book Fair Programme can be found on the South African Book Fair website for viewing and diarising or to download as a PDF.
- To view the programme click on the PROGRAMME tab on the South African Book Fair website
- Then click on FULL PROGRAMME in the dropdown menu
- You can browse the various sessions on each of the days or download the programme
- Make sure you get your R50 ticket which provides you with access to all of the online events throughout the three days.