Along with fitness plans, healthy eating and saving money, a common New Year’s resolution is the desire to read more. To help you achieve your goal, we have compiled a list of simple strategies that you can implement to level up your reading game.
1. Always have a book on hand or on your phone: you’d be surprised how many moments in your day can be filled with reading if you have a book handy. While waiting for the bus or at the doctor’s office are all perfect opportunities to squeeze in a few more pages. Instead of a few more mindless scrolls online.
2. Make a list, don’t set a number: It might be better to make a list of books you want to read, rather than a set number of titles you want to finish for the year. Reading should bring you pleasure – there’s nothing worse than feeling like you’re failing because you haven’t reached your reading goal.
3. Mix up genres: this helps to keep things exciting and fun! To achieve the same objective, you can also consider reading more than one book at the same time. Perhaps keeping one on your phone for moments in the line and another physical book next to your bed for night time reading?
4. Read with a friend or join a book club: when it comes to keeping your New Year’s Resolutions, accountability partners are often recommended. Reading should be no different.
5. Try e-books and audio books: reading or listening to a book is not cheating! These formats are a super convenient way to get in more book time. Listen to them while driving or walking.