A very diverse range of educational content will be available at the South African Book Fair (SABF) this year. Whether you are a learner, a teacher or a parent, the Fair will offer you a unique opportunity to see what’s available to help propel children and teenagers towards the highest possible levels of education. Experts will be on site to advise you on the best learning- and teaching-support materials – in both print and e-formats!
Come to the South African Book Fair and see what Kips Learning Solutions, Macmillan Education South Africa, Pearson Education, Oxford University Press, Shuter & Shooter Publishers, Via Afrika and Vivlia Publishers have to offer.
What else is there for learners to do at the SABF?
Aside from offering access to cutting-edge learning materials, SABF 2017 is providing a range of other activities for learners. Among these are:
- James and the Giant Peach: an amazing production for theatre-lovers of all ages.
- Child authors chatting: two separate sessions during which children who have written and published their own books discuss their experiences. Session 1 | Session 2
- Let’s write! A workshop on creative writing, especially designed for teenagers.
- Innovative writing for youth: The organisation Fundza discusses meeting the reading needs of young people living in South Africa today.
- The novel Americanah: a study session with Athambile Masola (see below).